After last week’s chat about Ang Lee’s ambitious and stylistically flamboyant take on giant green dudes and psychological turmoil, the dynamic trio of Cinema Chance Cube decided to return to our meat and potatoes. Or rather, Ryan’s meat and potatoes. Ryan, you see, seems to have “a thing” about movies involving cops and aliens. Don’t kink shame. So this week the Cube gave us Jack Sholder’s bonkers SF/action film The Hidden, which involves cops and, you guessed it, aliens. The movie is a blast, and we think this episode is too.
In this episode we talk alien farts, Kyle MacLachlan being pretty and weird, and chalkboard pitches for a sequel to The Hidden. Ignoring the one that actually exists. Oh, and obviously we talk about Ryan’s somewhat creepy obsession with movies about cops and aliens and strip clubs.
So please, like and subscribe to our podcast on iTunes, Google Play, or wherever you listen to the show, rate and review us and share with your friends and also follow us on twitter @cinemachancepod! And leave comments below about how much you want to inherit your dead partner’s family!
- Let us count our blessings that Chance was on our side.
- The best movie ever to include a fight between Jean-Claude Van Damme and a hockey mascot.
- Some war flick or something by some hack I’ve never heard of.
- Robert Wise’s 1963 premake of Jan de Bont’s 1999 classic ghost story.
- Steven Spielberg’s historical drama, which sounds awesome but I haven’t seen it, so I’m not going to make any jokes about it.